Dr. Derri Sandberg
Dr. Sandberg grew up in Fargo, North Dakota. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology in 2003 from the University of North Dakota followed by her Doctorate of Optometry from Pacific University in 2007.
Dr. Sandberg received clinical training at the Portland Veteran’s Administrative Hospital while expanding her knowledge of glaucoma, cataracts, and diabetic ocular health care. She continued her training emphasizing primary care optometry and LASIK post-surgical management. Dr. Sandberg gained experience at several specialty clinics in Portland, Oregon specializing in areas of vision therapy, strabismus (eye alignment), and ocular disease.
Dr. Sandberg began her career at Dr. Carl Ryan & Associates in 2007, which changed clinic names to Lifetime Vision Care in 2012. She is involved with numerous volunteer activities including legislative advocacy for eyecare in Oregon and nationwide, in-service community education, and serves on the board for Oregon Optometric Physician Association. In her free time, Dr. Sandberg and her husband, Mike, enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, and skiing.
Associations / Memberships
- Oregon Optometric Physician Association Board Member, Advocacy Director
- Oregon Optometric Legislative Liaison
- Young Optometrist of the Year, 2015
- American Optometric Association Member
- Advanced Training with Functional Vision, Visual Perception, Vision Training
- Award for Excellence in Contact Lens in Patient Care, 2007